All of the articles and presentations listed below are the intellectual property of PFM Training Limited unless stated otherwise. They may be reproduced without charge provided they are accredited to Michael Parry and a link provided to this web site.
Accounting for Governments: from budget to audit
The new and comprehensive book on government financial management by Michael Parry and Jesse Hughes is available as an e-book or paperback. More information
To purchase the e-book at $8:
- From the shop on this website for (not available for non-UK EU residents): PFM Training Ltd
- Anyone: Amazon.com or your regional Amazon website
- Anyone: apple.com or your regional Apple bookstore
To purchase the paperback at $30:
- amazon.com or your regional Amazon website
Financial management Information Systems (FMIS)
These two articles draw on our experience of specifying and implementing FMIS
- “How to stop IFMS going wrong” – published in the International Journal of Government Financial Management
- “IFMS acquisiton” – paper delivered to ICGFM Conference in 2004
An older presentation still contains interests comments particularly on budgets and FMIS:
- “Resource Planning 2001” – presentation to ESAAG Conference in 2001
This paper was presented to a PEMPAL workshop and addresses three issues of concern to participants.
- “PFM issues 2012” – presentation to PEMPAL workshop in 2012
The budget classification and chart of accounts are issues at several levels. The presentation addresses the linkage of budget and chart of account classifications, the paper (though now some years old) addresses the conceptual issues.
- “Linking Budget Classification and Chart of Accounts 2010” – presentation to PEMPAL workshop in 2010
- “Classification Paper 1997” – paper prepared for the World Bank in 2007
In 1994 a series of articles were published in the ACCA journal on public financial management. Though dated these still contain a number of interesting ideas.
- “Financial Management Articles 1994” – ACCA journal 1994